Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cosmology

Copypasta time, I've been sharing this with an online community, so this is my current view of cosmology, ideas subject to change in circumstances of epiphany enlightenment, and discovery.


Cosmology

For starters I don't believe in everything here to the same degree. I was originally going to try describing things with a 1-5 number system, but giving further thought to how I want to organize this, I decided to simply comment individually about how I feel about each thing. I don't believe in anything 100% because, nihilistic though it may be, part of my philosophy, (philosophy and morality coming shortly) is acknowledging my lack of knowledge, verification, and proof. If anything I use has another meaning in another culture, and is being improperly used, please inform me and I will correct myself.


Souls I believe in a soul, and I look at this with a great deal of conviction as well. I believe in a sort of "spiritual matter" which all things are made of. Souls are simply spiritual living matter, and can be as varied in nature, as matter in living organisms who's corporeal forms they are connected to, if they are connected to any. Some living spiritual matter is connected to a corporeal form, such as my individual "soul" and the souls of all living things. When I speak of spiritual presence I mean literally the amount of spiritual matter living and nonliving, and spiritual energy (which are decidedly different, like physical matter and energy to my understanding). I believe in this with a moderate amount of conviction.

Deities Deities are just living beings composed of large amounts of spiritual matter. Greater souls than ours, with overwhelming spiritual presence. This can be anything from god bearing a human like form, to a plant like spiritual organism, with no consciousness. Most if not all Deities either have no corporeal form, or have corporeal forms that are found on other worlds, or planes of existence.

In particular I began prayer rituals one night after reading on a website [probably a fluff site] that the full moon was a sacred time of cleansing, in some circles. regardless of which, if any traditions view the full moon as having this meaning, this ritual quickly became a call for help to a particular deity. Since that night my life has changed dramatically. I don't know if this was because of the particular amount of effort I put into said prayer ritual, or if because a deity answered my call, but I do believe in this deity with a great deal of conviction. I believe her to be female, and do not know her name, she never gave me a name to look for. I asked her if she was a fairy or had anything to do with fairies, and she told me fairies were something else, and that she had some connection with them but very little. These answers were felt more than actually heard.

Other beings
Ghosts I believe to be spiritual residue, left by inhabitants of our own world. I believe in ghosts with a great deal of conviction, but my theory explaining them depends upon my soul theory. They vary in degrees of consciousness, depending on the amount, and type of spiritual matter left behind.
fairies here we go. My obsession. I believe fairies to be any of a few things. The first is is corporeal inhabitants of varying spiritual presence of another world, who's spiritual presence is felt or made aware of in this world. The other is corporeal or non corporeal entities, with a great deal of spiritual presence, tied to magic, and tied to specific places in the world. Their form and nature varies dramatically depending on the places they inhabit. Modern fantasy often describes fairies as outsiders, and otherworlders. More on this later, they get their own section later. I don't carry a great deal of conviction about any of these theories.
vampires Aside from the possibility of "psyvamps", which I have not yet read about, so I do not know what they are, I do not believe in vampires. I do not believe people with pathological or medical conditions relating to the blood, to be vampires. I speak of the mythological vampire.
werewolves some people may have a spiritual connection to wolves, without being a wolf in a persons body. more on this later. I do not literally believe in werewolves, nor have I as of yet, seen any evidence to suggest magical abilities to transform into a wolf or wolf-like form.
aliens I believe somewhat in the possibility of extra terrestrial beings, however when I speak of other worlds, I mean what could be described as other dimensions. aliens, if existing, would be from another planet, not from another world. I've seen convincing enough stuff on tv, to go from a no, to a maybe, but it's never been a field of interest enough for me to do any serious research. Edit: As my girlfriend just pointed out to me, I do believe highly in the existence of aliens, not so much in their early visits. Thanks sweetie!

Magic Magic is probably the manipulation of the metaphysical both in terms of "matter" and "energy" I use quotes because at this point I realized its better to mention I don't mean these terms literally the way they are in the corporeal world.

Humans, Plants and Animals I'm guilty of a misstatement. Humans fall under the animals category in my system of beliefs. Beings that inhabit the world have varying amounts of spiritual matter or spiritual presence. It might be possible that humans possess a greater amount of spiritual presence than most, if not all other species of animals, but I'm equally open to the idea that other species may contain a great deal of spiritual presence. I do not believe spiritual presence is equal to consciousness, but do admit, I find it hard to imagine, a cockroach having a greater spiritual presence then say, a wolf.

Human beings with a spiritual inclination will likely have a greater amount of spiritual presence than others. Some also may have this naturally, without ever acknowledging it. The same may be true of other species, but they do not have any known ability to contemplate the metaphysical.

Life and Death I believe spiritual essence to be more fluid than the physical. When we pray, we take in some spiritual energies, and we leave some behind. The same is true, to a lesser degree about everyday life. I believe when we die, spiritual energy is spread about, just as we are absorbed as nutrients in soil, by insects, but we are also spread into a sort of spiritual stream that flows and circulates between all things. I believe in past lives, but I believe in bits and pieces of past lives, are inherited from all living things, in this world and out.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I agree almost completely with everything you've said here. The differences from my own Cosmology could probably only be apparent after hours of discourse.

    I would like to say that I'm in a very similar spiritual place as you. I have brushed up against many different belief systems but never really studied any of them. I look forward to seeing where your journey for knowledge and selfdiscovery takes you. Having read your first two posts I feel inspired to begin my own journal of self-discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's actually good to know! My beliefs are not too far in the clouds! It'll be interesting to see where we both wind up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, you're not too far in the clouds. As I said I'm something of a witch myself, just that some (many?) of my views are also outside of typical group situations. I have my own views, some of which are different, some of which are similar, and of course I've done a whole lot of living and have time to find my way to them. I think this blog is a great start, and a great idea for you! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete